The program KORA conducts problem centred research projects and works together with different universities, non-governmental organisations, government organisations and non-profit organisations from inland and abroad.
Part of the tasks of KORA are:
1. the scientific supervision of the return of the large carnivores and their effect on the wild and domestic prey species;
2. the monitoring of populations via reliable methods;
3. the analysis of the scientific background for the development of protection and management plans;
4. the development of models for applicable management methods;
5. the exchange of experiences with related institutions from abroad and
6. to inform sponsors, involved partners and the public.